Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Friday, May 05, 2006

Another Venture for Working at Home's Author


I will be launching another Blog in the near future. Nothing at all to do with Working at Home, or the Internet, or Politics.

Every once in a while, depending on what's going on at the time, I contemplate alternate realities to different situations. I have always been a Science Fiction reader/watcher. From JRR Tolken to Gene Roddenberry, books to movies, I always look at how I would have had characters act and think of different endings.

The new Blog will be in the form of Short Stories. I have yet to decide on actual length and whether to use multiple posts for a single story. I guess that will depend on the individual tale.

I think the biggest consideration will be the way all blogs are laid out, most current entry first. How do you portray a story that has the ending as the newest post? That is why I may just use one post for an entire story, which is also one reason for them being Short Stories.

Also, since there have been a lot of problems with Blogger lately, I am going to try out Word Press as a platform. It seems they have a bit more flexibility in the templates and layout of Blogs. If it works out, I may transfer all my Blogs there. But, I will probably wait until I have my own domain for any major changes in that area.

Once I have written a couple of stories and have them posted, I will make an announcement here. I may even try some of the ezines and article submission sites.

(Looks like I am starting my own little network, this will make 7 sites I maintain).

Update:
I may end up using Blogger for the new venture after all, it seems that WP doesn't allow AdSense or any other type advertising. Since that is my only income stream at this point, I may have no other option but to stay with Blogger. Even though I really like the template I picked for the Short Stories Blog (nice and dark, but not too much so), I may not be able to use their service.
J.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


7 Comments:

At 12:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

Who told you WP doesn't allow AdSense ?

We have 13 WP blogs with AdSense ads along with our 30+ other sites with them.

Mike from Simplenomics

 
At 2:21 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Mike,

Welcome...

I just lost my whole last comment, now you know why I want to change from Blogger.

I got the information from the wordpress.com blog. They say they don't allow advertising of any kind so as to not be considered Splogs.

I can't even find a template to change html or add anything to enhance the page.

It may be different if you use WP with your own domain, but since I would be using the free service (at least for now) I have to play by their rules.

Let me know if you find anything different, I would appreciate it.

Thanks for stopping by, it's always nice to have a friend drop in.

Joe

 
At 2:39 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,

I see that you were talking about the .com of WP and not the CMS itself.

I'd use the own domain, own everything route.

I'm sure you read Liz's blogs.

We host and build blogs and you can ask her about us.

If you want, I can have my staff build and host it for you.

Holler at us and we'll see if we can help,

Mike

 
At 3:42 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Mike,

I appreciate it, maybe in the near future. Right now it's all about money priorities.

Where to put what little I make from Blogging. Unfortunately, other things take a front seat to a domain at this point.

Free is free, so I make some consessions. But, you will be the first I call when I can afford a little self-indulgence.

I really do need my own domain...

Joe

 
At 3:43 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

And don't correct my spelling...
It was mis-typing. :=)
J.

 
At 6:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Heck I can't speel myseff !

Holler when you're ready and keep spreadin' the " Link Leak Virus ".

Mike from The Simple Side Of 'Nomics

 
At 6:30 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

You got it on both counts...

Hope to talk to you sooner rather than later.

J.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Spring Clean-up
  • Customer Care
  • It's Nice to be Noticed
  • Suggest a Series
  • Check Your Source Code
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 3
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Websites
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Blogs
  • Share Your Work at Home Story
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Starting Friday
  • Back to Top