Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Wednesday, May 03, 2006

It's Nice to be Noticed


As you may have guessed by now, one of the bigger aspects of my work at home business involves writing. I realize I am not the best writer, but nonetheless it is really nice to be noticed.

It has only happened a couple of times so far (hopefully, many more). The first was by Liz Strauss of Successful-Blog* fame. She awarded me a "SOB" which is the Successful and Outstanding Blogger award she gives out weekly to people who contribute to the Blogosphere.

The second was of a different sort. It was not an award per-se, but rather being quoted in the Philadelphia Inquirer. (That is the major newspaper in my area).

On my political blog, I wrote a rebuttal to an article by Robert Litan of the Brookings Institution in the Washington Post** after reading a post on Blinq*** by Daniel Rubin of the Inquirer. It all evolves around the Net Neutrality controversy.

Daniel read my post and updated his original entry to include part of my post in rebuttal to the article by Mr. Litan of the Brookings Institute.

It was a good feeling to read my own words being quoted by a respected journalist. And it doesn't hurt that he linked to my article on the Blog either.

As I said: It's Nice to be Noticed.

Do you have an example of being recognized for your work that you would like to share?


Referenced:
*
Successful-Blog
**
Robert Litan's Article
***
Blinq by Daniel Rubin
Net Neutrality Threatens Grandparents/Vets (My Article)

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


2 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It is nice to be noticed. And I'm glad you were, or I wouldn't have found your blog.

Congratulations on both the award and the quote!

I'm trying to think of something to share re: your question... and I'm not coming up with anything! That's not good; but I'm sure there must have been something...

 
At 8:35 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Lyman,

Thanks on both counts.

I am glad you stopped by, when a friend of a friend drops in they become my friend as well.

You don't have to wait until you think of something, you are welcome anytime.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Suggest a Series
  • Check Your Source Code
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 3
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Websites
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Blogs
  • Share Your Work at Home Story
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Starting Friday
  • Overwhelming Work Load
  • Help Save Internet Neutrality
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 2
  • Back to Top