Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Friday, June 09, 2006

Turning Down an Offer


Recently, I was offered an opportunity to write for a Blog that is just starting out as the primary Blogger. Don't worry, I'm not going to do it, and I'll explain why.

My main concerns were twofold.

First. Although I would have only had to write a minimum of one post per day with options for more as the need arose, I thought about what that would entail. Either I would have to spend time investigating subject matter or it would be provided to me to present to the readers.

I spend quite a bit of time already researching and writing for the Blogs I own, so I couldn't really invest much more time doing research for another project. If the content was to be provided to me, then I would be more of an editor than writer. That is not my intention when I Blog.

Second. I would not have final say in what I wrote. The final decision on my posts would have been made by someone else. Not acceptable. An Editor can correct spelling, grammar or any number of things, but not what I write. Either publish the content as presented or not, but I have to have final say on my thoughts and how I present them through words.

I really would have liked to try my hand at writing for another Blog, but I feel I need to put 100% into a project or not do it at all. I need to be able to put the time into a project, and then present it as I see fit.

I'm a Pisces, so I do compromise and try to understand other points of view, but in this instance, I will not compromise my principles. If I can't give it my all, I will give it none.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Three Days in a Row
  • Interview... Darren Rowse of ProBlogger
  • More Blogger Problems
  • A Different Type of Isolation
  • Special Announcement...
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 8
  • Pick a Pic
  • Results of My Work at Home Business is... Poll
  • Interview... ME "Liz" Strauss
  • Tomorrow... Interview with ME "Liz" Strauss
  • Back to Top