Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Tuesday, June 06, 2006

More Blogger Problems


Beware: Rant Ahead

I really wish Blogger would get their act together. It seems every 2 or 3 days, Blogger (Blogspot) is having major problems.

The latest is you can't upload pictures... If you read their account of things on Blogger Status, they say it is fixed. WRONG!!! As of 2 minutes ago, I still can't upload a simple .jpg file. I go throught the process, everything follows through and it says that the picture was uploaded.

Except for one thing, there is No Picture.

This is after spending 3 hours last night preparing tomorrows post. When I saved the draft once all the italics, bold and links were inserted, the draft contained none of what I put in. Let alone the picture, which I was willing to wait until today to do.

I have an important interview coming up tomorrow with Darren Rowse from ProBlogger. I would like to make a good impression because I should have additional visitors. That will be impossible if Blogger can't even get a simple thing like an 82kb picture to upload.

I hope they fix whatever problems they seem to be having lately. I would like to be able to depend on them as I have in the past.

Anyone else having these same issues? How are you getting around the problems?

Update: It seems that the Blogger Logo uploaded OK, we will see about a REAL Picture next... Hold your breath.

Update II: NO Picture yet, I have no idea what to do except to keep trying.

Update III: Still couldn't upload a picture, so I copied one from a previous post and made a couple of adjustments to alignment. At least now I have what I want, no thanks to Blogger.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


9 Comments:

At 3:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Been trying to post a comment for an hour - of course Blogger was buggered.

I've been feeling the same frustration as you Joe. What I can't figure out is WHY Google doesn't do something about it. There has to be money in the blogging business somewhere and there's so much they could do to improve it. Very strange all around.

 
At 3:51 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Ben,
Too True, I don't think they want to spend the money. You know they have it from Blogger (paid service) Google, and AdSense.
It took an hour to get this post to publish, I hope there aren't anymore problems tomorrow.
It should be a big day for me with Darren Rowse interviewing here.
Joe

 
At 5:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to spend the money. You'd think plenty of people working at Google would be into making a great blogging platform, there's so much they could do with it, and it's not like blogging software is boring/bland or yesterday's news.

Good luck with the interview!

 
At 6:52 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Ben,
I don't really know what their problem is. I heard a while ago that they changed servers or upgraded them or something, but that was around the same time all the problems really started.

Either that or the telco's have started tests on the 2 tiered system that they want to charge for ;-)
Joe
Thanks for the luck...
J.

 
At 8:04 PM, Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

Google doesn't care about Blogger because it's the biggest and it's free. I'm so sorry this is happening to you. I know how frustrating it can be.

 
At 12:29 AM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Liz.
I am sure they don't really care, if they did they would be a little more intentive about it.
Joe

 
At 1:07 PM, Blogger RM said...

I know blogger is having lot of problems from some time. And thats why I have minimized my interaction with it (few template changes once in a while). Today I wanted to change some font size and it took me like 1 hr to get that done. Yeah about image uploading. Why don't u use photobucket or flickr, and then use some nice editor to post the articles. I am sure it will be much easier this way.

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ME -- lots of Google's stuff is free, so I can't believe that's the reason they don't care.

And I'm sure they could find ways of monetizing it through ads, blogsearch (w/ ads), etc.

They've proven to be creative in other arenas, so it's a bit surprising that they're not doing so here.

 
At 1:40 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Jack,
Thanks for stopping by. I have used other programs for photo editing, and different editors for text.
I find that when (WHEN) Blogger works, it works well for me.
But when it doesn't, I just get so frustrated.
Maybe like Ben said, if Google started caring a little more, I think the service could be outstanding.
Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • A Different Type of Isolation
  • Special Announcement...
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 8
  • Pick a Pic
  • Results of My Work at Home Business is... Poll
  • Interview... ME "Liz" Strauss
  • Tomorrow... Interview with ME "Liz" Strauss
  • It's Blog-Tipping Day
  • How to Get Depressed
  • The Value of Links
  • Back to Top