Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Friday, March 03, 2006

Loss of Readership


For some reason readership has dropped 75% since the beginning of the week. I have found the same drop in the FeedBurner subscriptions. I doubt it was because of the polls, but you never know.

The only difference is that I added the HaloScan trackbacks around the same time as the drop off. It doesn't seem to work too well anyway, as none the trackbacks I have tried showed up. I have heard scuttlebut that the service interferes with Search Engines, but that the problem supposedly was fixed.

Guess not... I'm going to give it a few more days, just to make sure because I like the new comment feature. Maybe I can use just that and forget about the trackbacks until the problem is fixed.

Besides, the Forum that they have for such things never gives a response. The only thing you see there is other people having problems. And they never seem to get any answers either.

I don't really want to bad mouth HaloScan, but there is either a very big coincidence, or I'm just plain boring. (I hope it's not the latter).

Have any of you tried HaloScan? Are you having similar problems?

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • No More Polls (for now)
  • Snapshot of Working at Home
  • Importance of Statistics
  • Webpage and Blog Clutter
  • (Don't) Follow Instructions Carefully
  • How to Get a Headache...
  • Trackbacks
  • Haloscan commenting and trackback have been added ...
  • Guest Write for Working at Home on the Internet
  • The "Poll about Polls" Results
  • Back to Top