Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Saturday, May 06, 2006

LLV... The Good Virus is Spreading


Link Leak Virus, Link Leak Project, Link Love, Blog Tipping... Whatever you call it, giving is as good as getting.

I really don't know how it all started, but I know it is picking up speed. I'm not sure how it is really supposed to work other than giving links to other Blogs. I'm not sure if you are supposed to use the names of the Blogs or Authors, but I will.

Liz Strauss at Successful-Blog (link-leak) has an article about it. As does Martin Neumann at Small Office Herald (link-leak) who calls it the Link Leak Project. I think it started at Simplenomics (link-leak) by Mike Sigers back on April 26th (that's as far as anyone knows).

It could really go back to Easton Ellsworth from Business Blog Wire (link-leak) starting Blog Tipping on the 1st of each month.

It seems, no one really knows... but the idea is really simple. Most of us are not A-Listers. They all link to each other for their own purposes. We as B, C, and D Listers have to do what we can to give each other some exposure to new readers.

Apparently, I have been doing that unknowingly by trying to give you some additional information to help in your Work at Home endeavors. I had hoped that the links would just be helpful to you and that they would give you new sources of information.

What is it really called? I still have no idea what to call it other than a Good Idea.

If you use a Blog in your Business, make sure to share IT, whatever IT IS.

Update:
I don't think Keith Dsouza (link-leak), of the Blog by the same name, wants to be the only one not infected today, so I hope he likes Swans. I know it's supposed to be three, but since I was already at four, why not five?

If you feel left out, let me know and I will add your link. But remember, there is always tomorrow or the next day.
J.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


4 Comments:

At 2:26 PM, Blogger "ME" Liz Strauss said...

What a clever and fun to read post this one is Joe. I call it Link Leak Project. You can call it IT as long as people don't call it I-T. (grin)

 
At 2:33 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Liz,

Thanks, I really didn't know which was the best description for IT.

I always try to share IT with anyone you would consider an "SOB"

You are doing yet another great thing for bloggers everywhere by "leaking" your sources.

You are welcome here always, my friend.

Joe

 
At 7:10 PM, Blogger anonymous said...

Joe, I'm glad you've endorsed this viral idea. I think it's healthy - we're not saying post a hundred links in every posts, but I think we want to see more sharing going on, and more acknowledgement of the community we all share.

I'd love it if you'd consider doing a little blogtipping with me on June 1st. The point of it simply is to help other bloggers 1) feel good about themselves and 2) consider making improvements to their blogging.

 
At 9:37 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Easton,

Good to see you, I really think it is a good idea to share with others. I believe "what goes around comes around".

I will certainly do a little BlogTipping with you on June 1st and hope others join in as well.

Thanks for stopping my, and remember, my door is always open.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Another Venture for Working at Home's Author
  • Spring Clean-up
  • Customer Care
  • It's Nice to be Noticed
  • Suggest a Series
  • Check Your Source Code
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 3
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Websites
  • 2 Part Series: Blog vs Website... Blogs
  • Share Your Work at Home Story
  • Back to Top