It's Blog-Tipping Day
Easton Ellsworth of Business BlogWire started a thing called Blog-Tipping last month. On the first of each month, we should pick three Bloggers we read and give them three compliments and a helpful tip. Since I think it is such a great idea, I thought I would try my hand at it.
Now for my first attempt at Blog-Tipping Day.
Successful-Blog... ME "Liz" Strauss
1. I think the thing that impresses me most about your Blog is the Community I feel when I visit. There is always a good conversation going on and you lead the way.
2. Your posts always have a theme to them, from your Beginning Bloggers posts to the Net Neutrality issue, people know where they are going and how to get there.
3. Since I first started reading your Blogs, I noticed that you were leaking links to other Bloggers you found and gave them your SOB Award (of which I am a proud recipient).
Tip. Proof-read. Spell Check will only correct a word that is spelled incorrectly, not mis-typed.
The Future of the Web... Jesse Skinner
1. Your posts are always full of information and are helpful to even a novice like me.
2. When I visit your blog, I know I will be able to make a comment or ask a question and always get an answer.
3. The layout and navigation of your site is great, that's why I asked for your opinion of my website.
Tip(s). 2 for the price of 1. Post more often, I know you have a full time job, but your information is important enough to post daily. Second, I know you like your site to be clean, but putting an AdSense ad or two won't hurt, and you could make a buck.
Why My Blog Stinks... Steve Remington
1. I like the way you use the reverse psychology approach. You tell people what not to do, then explain what to do.
2. I like the way you involve your readers, using a contest for a logo, among other things. Novel approach.
3. Your approach to writing is very involving. You try to speak to your readers rather than at them.
Tip(s). Another 2fer. #1. Maybe it's just me, but your type face seems very small, a little larger may be an advantage. #2. On your longer posts, you may want to use the (read more...) to save load time of your page.
I think this is a worthwhile project and hope you try your hand at Tipping a Blog(ger) next month. My plan is to continue this project monthly because I like the whole idea of being helpful to other Bloggers and sharing the Link Leak Virus in this way as well.
Have you Tipped a Blog lately? Who was it? How did it make you feel? If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article, Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version). For your convience: E-Mail Questions Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors