Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Friday, February 10, 2006

Can I be Too Involved with Statistics?

I have found myself more and more often going to my different stat pages. It can be a detriment to productivity.

Instead of looking for things that are pertinent to Working at Home, I find myself continually looking to see how many people have visited my site. I go to the different advertiser pages to see if anyone clicked on whatever Ad I have running. I even check to see if anyone has responded to either of my polls.

Once I find a tool that helps me in tracking what happens on one of my pages, I continually go back and forth. It seems I become more obsessed with numbers than with the writing of articles. My mood even seems to go up and down with the numbers.

In an effort to make myself more productive, I seem to have done the opposite.

Often in the past, when I couldn't think of something to write about, I would have turned to different sources for inspiration. I would read something from one of the other Blogs I frequent, or go to one of the Forums I feel comfortable with.

Although, I have written a few (maybe too many) articles on keeping statistics, I know they are not the only way to gauge success.

I really feel more like I succeeded in my objectives when I find out that something I wrote actually helped someone achieve their objectives.

Sometimes the rewards are slow in coming, sometimes they seem like they will never get here. But when they show up in the form of a thank you or just a mention on another site, it all seems like it's worth it.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


2 Comments:

At 5:10 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe,

This is a very typical case of getting attached to the results. According to Bhagavad Gita, the Hindu Bible, one should always do one's duty and forget about the results.

For an example, if players start getting obsessed with their performance and monetary benefits, it's definitely going to affect their performance. Most successful players just go and enjoy their game!

And that's what we need to do to succeed in life! Just do it and forget it!

 
At 2:09 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Vishal,

Right again, but if you read the last paragraph, I get the most satisfaction from having people benefit in some way from what I write.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Google Sitemaps and Blogger
  • Misperceptions Dealing with Requests
  • Work at Home Pitfalls
  • My New Venture Not Taking Over
  • Weblog Empire Link Exchange
  • Thanks, Jesse Skinner
  • Launching of World Politics and the Internet
  • The Importance of Content
  • Blogger.com having Problems
  • Results of "How did you find this Blog?" Poll
  • Back to Top