Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Google Sitemaps and Blogger

"Riddle me this, Batman" If Google owns Blogger/Blogspot.com, why is there no way to install Google Sitemaps on Blogger? For that matter, why can't you even verify a Blogger Blog on Sitemaps?

I used XML Sitemap Generator to build a sitemap for my Website, downloaded it to my computer, uploaded it to my Website Host and set it up on Google Sitemaps. I had no problems, it was pretty much automatic. I tried it on the webpage first to see how well it would work.

Then I tried the same thing on my Blog. The Generator worked like a charm, but there is no way to upload the file it generated to Blogger. I tried to copy the file from my computer, it wouldn't accept the file as is. I copied the full html to Edit Posts and saved the file as a draft. Sitemaps still will not accept the file.

I even tried to copy the file to the template, in the Header. You should see what that looks like, the whole file shows in the Head before the Title. Needless to say, that didn't last long.

I'm not sure if there is any way to put Google Sitemaps on any Blog, but I am sure there is no easy way to but it on a Blogger Blog. Let me know if you have ever found a way, please.

I don't think there is any way to Verify a Blogger Blog on Google Sitemaps, at least not that I have heard.

I will, however, recommend using XML Sitemap Generator to anyone that needs an easy way to generate a sitemap.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


2 Comments:

At 5:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's the reason it's always best to host your blogs on your own domain name.

 
At 2:05 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Vishal,
That's probably right, but i'm not making enough money in thins venture to buy a domain name. Let alone the problems of people finding the new Blog and Domain etc.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Misperceptions Dealing with Requests
  • Work at Home Pitfalls
  • My New Venture Not Taking Over
  • Weblog Empire Link Exchange
  • Thanks, Jesse Skinner
  • Launching of World Politics and the Internet
  • The Importance of Content
  • Blogger.com having Problems
  • Results of "How did you find this Blog?" Poll
  • Link Exchange Requests
  • Back to Top