Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Blogger Problems Are Getting Old


I tried to start working today at 8:30 am and it is now 12:16 pm and I am just getting access to my Blogger Blogs.

Today is not the first time these problems have come up. I wrote about a major outage back in February, but couldn't post it here because of those same problems. I had to write and post it on my Webpage. I can't link to it for you as I had archived it on my backup WAH Archive page (also on Blogger) and I still can't access that page.

For the past few months these outages have been recurring at an annoying rate and are really interfering with my work.

Even when you try to look at the status on the Blogger Status page, you can't get any information because it seems they can't update their own page either. If the platform is not reliable enough for their own Blog, how can they expect anyone to have confidence in their service?

I do want to wait until I get my own domain to make any major changes for all the Blogs and Webpages, but Blogger is making it more and more difficult to wait. If people cannot view your pages and you cannot even access them yourself for updates, you will not make any money.

Pageviews=Clicks=Revenue

Without the first you can't get the second or third part of the equation.

Has anyone else run into these problems? How are you handling it?

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


2 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Joe

Do it sooner rather than later. I haven't used blogger since the early days (and then only for messing around with a personal account) so I have no real experience with them.

I can tell you this, though. The longer you wait the more difficult the move is going to be. You get a considerable amount invested in a web address (as I'm sure you know), and the transition will become more and more painful as time goes on. The more you have invested (time, links, PageRank, Alexa rank, etc) the more you will have to lose when you do finally make the move.

When you do look for a domain name try to lock up .com, .org and .net, if possible. It's not that expensive (GoDaddy for about $9 US / year / domain), and if you make the assumption (as you should) that you will be widely successful someday soon you don't want some slimeball sitting on a similar URL.

Good luck, and let us know if you need any help when you make the move.

David

 
At 9:55 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey DavidC,
I am really close to making a move, but it will take a little more time than I'd like.
I will make sure you are the one I contact when the time is right.
Thanks,
Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Mahai's Work at Home Story
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 4
  • LLV... The Good Virus is Spreading
  • Another Venture for Working at Home's Author
  • Spring Clean-up
  • Customer Care
  • It's Nice to be Noticed
  • Suggest a Series
  • Check Your Source Code
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 3
  • Back to Top