Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Writing to Fight Apathy


Sure, there are plenty of things to write about. I read an article about how gas prices are leading to more companies allowing more employees to telecommute.

Then there is the threat of the Bird Flu, whatever number it is, leading many companies to the same conclusion. Have people work from home.

In this whole senerio, there are great reasons for companies to want employees to be able to conduct some portions of the business at home with their own internet connections.

There are the want-to-be self-employed, and their aspirations to be the next Rockefeller or Carnagie or Gates.

All these take a person with a certain type of personality. They have to be able to work unsupervised. They have to be self-starters. They need to know the business, whatever it may be.

But, there are days, even I just don't feel like doing my job. I know there are plenty of others that go through the same thing. It's not writers block or anything so easily fixed. It is just apathy. I love my work, but not today.

I have looked at my statistics and although they have been increasing recently, as of late they have grown static. They just don't seem to move. So, I ask myself if it is worth continuing to beat my head against the wall?

Today is one of those days, I am APATHETIC. I hate being this way, but I can't even go sit outside in the Sun, there is no Sun. It's cold, damp and cloudy. I think it's going to rain again. I don't like to be a complainer, but today I will.

"There is no joy in Mudville tonight".

In order to fight the culprit, I decided to write about it. This is the one way I have found to fight the demon. Writing about something, getting it all out, so to speak, helps me get back on track. As I mentioned in more than one post, I usually go outside to rejuvenate, take in the sun, but even then I will write down my thoughts.

Today, the weather is not cooperating, so I thought a post about my apathy would help me, and hopefully, give you an insight into another aspect of working at home.

How do you handle days like this when your normal outlets are not available?


Related Posts can be found in:
The Category... Attitude

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


1 Comments:

At 8:43 AM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey Jess,

I find getting outside and doing lawn work or something that takes my mnind off what I am doing works best for me.

The problem I was talking about is that sometimes you need to get away from work, work, work, and get some type of distraction.

Pretty much what you said.

Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Be Professional
  • Explaining Internet Business to Mom
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 5
  • International Flavor
  • Page Views vs Unique Hits vs Return Visits
  • Distractions While Working at Home
  • Buy Working at Home on the Internet, only $5M
  • Blogger Problems Are Getting Old
  • Mahai's Work at Home Story
  • This Weeks Helpful Reads...Week 4
  • Back to Top