Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Saturday, January 07, 2006

Drop in Statistics

Something you Must be Aware of when you decide to change something regarding the Name of your Blog.

You Will experience a Drop in Statistics. I have been listed with FeedBurner since I first found out about them back in October. I explained why I changed the Name in a previous post. I thought I covered all the bases in the following post the next day.

Well, when I look at the Feed and Readers list on FeedBurner I see a Big difference in the number of feeds that are picking up my Blog. Even though I have contacted and pinged all of the feeds I use with the name change, they still are NOT picking it up. I know that it takes time for everything to pick up the change, but this has been since December 20th.

The bright spot is that when I look at the Statistics on SiteTracker, the page views have actually increased. I don't know if that is because of the manual pings on the various feeds, or possibly the fact that I have posted on different forums and web pages and people have linked from them.

The moral of the story is: Make sure you take all ramifications of a Major Change into consideration Before you make it.

Secondary moral: Good Design (including Naming) of your site in the Beginning is Paramount.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Redeployment of Info
  • Paying for Opportunity
  • Questions for You
  • My Typical Work at Home Day
  • The Basics
  • Happy New Year
  • New Year Resolutions
  • Suggestions Needed
  • Using Comments
  • Using Meta Tags
  • Back to Top