Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Monday, February 13, 2006

Battling Writers Block

I am looking for a good way to fight writers block...

I have gotten E-mails and comments asking me how I can continue to write interesting and relevant articles every day. Actually, I continually fight writers block.

The hardest part for me is just finding a subject that someone else or I haven't written about dozens of times. I've written almost 150 posts since Mid-October, and finding something new is becoming increasingly difficult.

I do research everyday. Once in a while I can come up with something original, but most of the time nothing new presents itself. I have tried keeping a stock pile of posts that I can fall back on, things that are not time sensitive, but if I write it I usually just post it.

Quite often, I see other Blogs with multiple posts. Some of these same people have a few Blogs they write something for everyday. I feel lucky if I can get one Good post written a day.

Now, with 2 Blogs, 2 Websites and an Archive to keep up with it is extremely difficult to be original. Sometimes, I end up repeating myself on the Working at Home sites. I have a real problem with accepting that, but not everyone reads both sites. It is more likely that someone just looking for information on Working at Home through one of the search engines will go to the Website. And just as likely that return readers and referrals will frequent the Blog.

Asking for comments and suggestions only works to get new ideas once in a while. That is one reason I put the "Help Improve this Blog" link in the sidebar, to make it easier for you to offer suggestions.

If you have found a good way to combat writers block, let me know.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


1 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Blogger Joseph said...

Hey other, or is Mr Twin,
Nice Blog you have there.
Coincidence (subject matter)? Maybe it's because there is a full moon...
Thanks for the comment.
Joe

 

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Be Original
  • Results of "Do you have a...?" Poll
  • Can I be Too Involved with Statistics?
  • Google Sitemaps and Blogger
  • Misperceptions Dealing with Requests
  • Work at Home Pitfalls
  • My New Venture Not Taking Over
  • Weblog Empire Link Exchange
  • Thanks, Jesse Skinner
  • Launching of World Politics and the Internet
  • Back to Top