Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Be Original

When I read the Blogs from my list of favorites, I sometimes end up seeing variations of the same basic topic bandied about like it is some kind of petcock in a game of Badmitton.

I find link after link from one Blog to the other with a description of what the other person wrote. It seems there is no new subject matter in all the blogosphere. I am not guiltless, I have found myself doing the same thing, quoting one person, linking to another, always displaying the "source" of the information. Sometimes it feels as if I don't have any good ideas of my own.

It is not much different when I log into some of the Forums I frequent. There is always a new person trying to sell their get rich quick scheme (which is deleted in short order). Then you have the newbies asking the same questions again and again, even when the answers are readily avalible if they bothered to read previous posts.

The problem seems to be, at least to me, that people just don't bother to investigate anything anymore. Everyone wants the quick answer, the easy way out. Why bother writing something original when someone else already wrote something on the subject? Why look something up if I can just ask someone else for the answer?

I think the only real way to fix the problem is by caring about our own subject matter and content enough to do the research, to think of something interesting, to actually write something original.

When you work for yourself, you have to be the one who gets and acts on the new idea. You need to stay ahead of your competitors. If you are the first one there, you have an edge over the other company and you can pitch your product before anyone else.

So try not to be the one that copies from others, be the one that others copy.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Results of "Do you have a...?" Poll
  • Can I be Too Involved with Statistics?
  • Google Sitemaps and Blogger
  • Misperceptions Dealing with Requests
  • Work at Home Pitfalls
  • My New Venture Not Taking Over
  • Weblog Empire Link Exchange
  • Thanks, Jesse Skinner
  • Launching of World Politics and the Internet
  • The Importance of Content
  • Back to Top