Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Friday, March 31, 2006

Help Me Get Organized...


I started writing a post the other day about organization. Eventually, it will get finished. But, in writing it, I started thinking of the layout of this Blog.

I think putting the navigation at the top of the sidebar was a good idea. However, in doing that, I found out how disorganized my blog really is. I am closing in on 200 posts that I have written and of course many are related in one way or another.

Something I see all the time on the Blogs and Websites I visit is they all have categories for previous articles. Since I use Blogger, there is no way I have found to list posts in that manner. The closest is having Articles in Previous Posts or Archives.

Neither is really a good way to let visitors view anything in particular they may be looking for. As an example, if you wanted to see my posts on the Basics you would have to go all the way back to October. How would you know where to look?

I know that most of those other sites use different Blogging Platforms, But I still think at this point that I really need to improve navigation on this site.

The only way I can think of to improve navigation with various posts in particular categories is to create separate posts for links in the various categories. This will be the hardest and most time consuming way of doing things. (It's even hard to explain).

So, if any of you are familiar with the inner workings of Blogger and have a way of setting up a Category List, please let me know. If not, I will just have to do it the hard way.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • Consider Ad Types
  • Feeling Guilty for Taking Time Off
  • Conform or Change?
  • How Do You Judge Success?
  • Unwanted Solicitation Calls
  • Critique of My Website
  • Intra-links
  • Posting Frequency
  • Today's Good Reads
  • Ad Placement
  • Back to Top