Google

Don't be the One that Copies Others.......................................................Be the One that Others Copy

Saturday, January 14, 2006

It's Finally Over

Finally, I found the answer myself... (see previous post)

No help from the Help Desk at Verizon, Nothing from Google, Nothing from Microsoft.
I didn't have to re-install Windows XP SP2 either.

I backed up files, favorites and everything I might lose in a re-install. Then I thought, why not restart Windows and when the New Hardware Wizard comes up, Insert the Original Install Disk for the Westell (non-wireless) Modem.

Lo and Behold... That disk had the Driver for the Actiontec GT704WG Wireless Modem Router. As it turns out, that is the install disk that is supposed to be included in ALL the Installation Packages. No one at the Verizon Help Desk ever even asked about it, even though I told them all that the disk I got with the new modem only had the Instructions, No Drivers.

Needless to say, I am a happy camper at this point. Both Computers are up and running Online, with the DSL.

When the Help Desk is No Help, you have to depend on your own guile, and experience to resolve whatever problems you are having. So, the Moral of the Story is KISS (Keep it simple stupid). Even when the problem seems overwhelming, try the Basics, they sometimes hold the answer to the most perplexing questions.

If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article,
Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version).

For your convience:
E-Mail Questions

Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home



Last 10 Posts...
  • My Dilemma
  • How To...
  • A New Direction? What Do You Want...
  • The Vast Void
  • Page Ranking
  • The Vendeta is Over
  • Drop in Statistics
  • Redeployment of Info
  • Paying for Opportunity
  • Questions for You
  • Back to Top