Problems with the Internet
I know I am not the only one to notice that some of the major players on the internet are having problems. Most (not all) seem to be related in some way to Blogging.
At first I couldn't think of any reason for this. But this week I read that the U.S Government and some of their friends had an exercise to make the internet safer. I wrote about that on my PolBlog (here).
These are just a few of the services I have noticed having problems recently.
1. ClickBank... People are having a problem logging into the service. They say it is due to an attempted denial of service attack.
2. Blogger.com... They were pretty much out of service for a week or so. I wrote about it in a few previous posts.
3. Technorati... They have been broken for at least a week. No explanation, they just aren't tracking quite a few Blogs.
4. BlogTopSites... Since the end of last week, there hasn't been any ranking in their chicklet on a lot of Blogs. The other day, I couldn't even log into their site.
5. WordPress.com... They were down at least on 2/12/06. I don't know how long they were actually down.
6. FreeSpaces.com... Last week I was having problems accessing my pages that are hosted there. I even lost all my pages at one point. I had to reload them from scratch.
These problems wouldn't be too much of a concern individually, but they all seem to be happening at the same time.
If you have experienced any of these or similar problems recently, let me know. If you were on the new Home Page and got transferred here through a link in an article, Please Click Here to Return to Working at Home on the Internet (the New and Improved Version). For your convience: E-Mail Questions Good Luck in YOUR Endeavors